If you see a mistake, please fix it
- Co-Founder of the Coronavirus Tech Handbook, for a time the world's largest repository of tools relating to COV-19. Cited in over 100 articles eg here
- 2:1 Masters, mathematics, Durham University
- Founded a web design and policy consultancy, Frostwork
- Why would you make this publicly editable?
Contact + Misc
Edit this doc ✏️
Projects I’m currently working on (add thumbs up to all those you think have the most impact)
- EA jobs - linking Twitter to Reddit to email 👍👍
- Twitter bots that retweets effective altruism jobs 👍
- An upvotable effective altruism jobs board
Data Science Community Manager - Turing-RSS Joint Lab
- June 2021 - Present 2021
- Supporting community of 20 data scientists, with external talks
- Publicise work of the lab in government and epidemiological community
- Maintain knowledge between the laboratory and the Joint Biosecurity Centre within government
Coronavirus Tech Handbook - https://coronavirustechhandbook.com
- March 2020 - August 2020
- The largest online library of resources around Coronavirus.
- 500k hits, 4000 projects, 130+ sections.
- “Inspiring...and well-organised” - Dr Ben Goldacre, author of Bad Science.
Open Data Consultant and Project Manager - Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- Sep 2019 - Dec 2019
- Built a list of individuals and communities ranked according to the ease with which we could contact them. Our team has since increased this to over 14 million people and organisations.
- RSPB has taken our team’s recommendations forward in their Big Green Data strategy.
- Project managed a team of 4.
Residential Fellow - Newspeak House
- July 2019 - July 2020
- Researching systems change in civil society.
- Helped create electiontechhandbook.uk, containing 150 tools and a community of >200 political technologists. This new community recently held their post-election debrief to measure impact.
Company Director and Web Designer - Frostwork Media Ltd
- 2016 - Present
- Websites, marketing, graphic design, corporate strategy.
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Learned customer management, business strategy and coding.
- Major client, Bluesky Certification, now a significant player in the UK door and window certification market.
Always happy to chat, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or @NathanpmYoung
You can book a video call with me here